Search

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

No chicken?

Our house is usually like a zoo; we have friends coming and going, family coming and going, dogs here and there, and just general chaos. Today was supposed to be an exception to that. The plan was to relax at home with a cocktail in hand with a close friend of ours. Dinner was to be ready by the time I got off work (started it at lunch!) and no worries!

Well, not so much. 

After stewing the chicken for the right amount of time I congratulated myself on a perfectly done chicken, pulled it out of the stock pot, and started to debone it. I walked away for a few minutes while it cooled to the back of the house. Faintly I thought I heard a few loud thuds. Odd I thought, no one else is here. I folded a few more towels, then it hit me; the chicken is on the counter and the dogs are in the kitchen. I ran through the house, passing two of the sleeping dogs in the office then another dog playing with a squeaker, I thought I was in the clear. Nope. In the kitchen was our oldest girl, Diesel, smacking her lips and giving me a smile to show she appreciated her afternoon snack. 

Sigh, there goes dinner. 

So, what do you make when you're in a pinch?

No comments:

Post a Comment